Nowadays it is very important to protect your data and device online when you using a web browser. With McAfee web security you get a gateway technology to protect every device, user, and location from vulnerable internet threats. The McAfee subscription for web security enables you to protect your web connectivity and reduce the risk of malware infections and data loss. Moreover, McAfee Web security enables the user to access the security teams who are improving the user’s response practice by sharing threat intelligence, and hence it maintains sustainable protection even when you are traveling.
The McAfee web security subscription brings comprehensive security for web filtering, content inspection, SSL inspection antivirus, zero-day malware, prevention from data loss, and many others. You can easily purchase the McAfee subscription from both online and offline mediums. Point to remember is when you purchase the McAfee product for web security then you will get a link labeled as Mcafee.com/activate along with an activation code that you need to activate the McAfee subscription.
Why there is a need to enable the firewall using McAfee subscription?
With McAfee firewall you get will get to create and manage the McAfee access permissions for the new and the current programs that require both the inbound and outbound internet access for your PC or computer. This is the one thing that helps you to allow the programs that are already protected to access your computer and prevent any unauthorized invasions to enter your device.
How to enable a firewall using McAfee Internet suite?
You can easily enable the firewall by using the following steps:-
- First of all, go to the Windows taskbar and tap on the McAfee icon to open the application.
Point to remember: If you are using the Windows 7 and 8 versions and you do not see the McAfee icon then tap on the arrow to reveal the hidden icons.
- You will now see the MacAfee Security Centre window, In the McAfee Security Center window, tap on the “Web and Email Protection” option.
- After this, tap on the “Firewall: Off” button.
- Tap on the “Turn On” button.
- In the end, tap on the “Done” option.
Remember: You can also disable the McAfee firewall if you no longer want to be a user for McAfee web security subscription.
How to disable the firewall using McAfee Internet suite?
For disabling firewall with McAfee web security, the process is almost the same, you just have to follow the below steps:-
- Go to the Windows bar and tap on the McAfee icon to open the application.
- On the “McAfee Security Center” pane, tap on the “Web and Email protection” option.
- After this, tap on the “Firewall: On” button.
- The Turn Off firewall confirmation dialog box appears on the screen.
- Tap on the “When do you want to resume the Firewall” option and you will see a drop-down menu.
- From the menu, select the appropriate option, and tap on the “Turn Off” button.
- In the end, just tap on the “Done” button.
In hope that this article has helped you to secure your files and folders that are available online via McAfee Web security subscription. There are certain brief sections that will enlighten you to work with the McAfee web security software. However, if you are still suffering and have issues then we suggest you visit mcafee.com/activate and get your queries resolved.