You have landed on the right page if you wish to learn various aspects of managing your McAfee product subscription. When you purchase a subscription of McAfee product and successfully deploy it on your device, several questions take birth in your mind. The first question that comes to a user’s mind is how can he share his subscription with other family members or other devices? Other than this, he also undergoes other queries as well such as renewing his subscription.
On the contrary, if he has purchased a new device with which McAfee subscription came pre-installed, then how can he activate it. These are some of the situations that he needs to deal with. But for your convenience McAfee has provided a single platform to the users i.e. www.mcafee.com/activate which has answers to all your queries. It is a platform from where you can easily activate, renew, or share your subscription with others. The steps for some of the processes are discussed below in detail.
Steps to share your McAfee subscription with others
In case you have purchased a subscription that has multiple licenses attached with it, then you may share your subscription based on the number of licenses included in it. Follow the steps given below to use your subscription on other devices as well. For this, you need to make sure that there are enough licenses available in your subscription:
- First of all, open your preferred web browser.
- From here, open the mcafee.com/activate URL.
- Now, hover your mouse over the ‘mafee.com/activate My Account’ option and you will see a list of options.
- From this list, choose the ‘Sign In’ option.
- In the sign in page, enter your McAfee login credentials to access your account.
- After this, click on the plus icon to open the + tab.
- Further, you need to select the type of device which you would like to add.
- Now, select the McAfee product and then select ‘Download’.
Follow some on-screen instructions to complete the installation and activation process. You might be asked to enter the McAfee product key during the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to manage McAfee subscription?
To manage McAfee subscriptions or transfer your licenses, follow the steps given below:
- First, go to the home page of McAfee.
- Hover your mouse over ‘My Account’ and then click on it.
- Enter your log in details and click ‘Log In’.
- Select the device from which you wish to remove the license.
- Click on the ‘Deactivate’ option.
- On the new device, click ‘Download’.
- In case there is no available license, then buy the new one.
- For this, select ‘Buy Now’ and follow some easy instructions.
How to renew your McAfee product subscription?
The easy steps for McAfee product renewal are given below:
- From your web browser, go to the home page of McAfee.
- After this, hover over ‘My Account’ using your mouse.
- Click on the ‘Sign In’ option and enter the login details.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Click on the ‘Log In’ option.
- Hover your mouse over ‘My Account’ and select ‘Subscriptions’.
- After this, click on the ‘Renew’ option for the desired product.
How to activate McAfee if it came pre-installed?
On some devices, McAfee comes pre-installed. Follow these steps to activate it:
- Open your McAfee software and click ‘Your Subscription’.
- This is present under the ‘My Info’ tab.
- After this, click on the ‘Edit Profile’ option.
- Now, enter your email address and create a strong password.
- After completing the log in process, you need to select ‘Verify Subscription’.
- Wait until the activation process completes.
- Further, click on ‘Your Subscription’.
- Finally, ensure that the expiry date shown is correct.
How to activate McAfee subscription?
Follow the steps to activate your subscription using the product key once the product gets downloaded and installed:
- Navigate to mcafee.com/activate.
- Select the ‘Account’ option present at the upper right corner.
- Further, click on the ‘Redeem retail card’ option.
- Next, enter the activation code and click ‘Submit’.
- Enter your email address and click ‘Next’.
Follow some prompts and then click ‘Activate’.