Uninstalling a Program or Software refers to a process of removing the installed program from the device. But uninstalling of software is not enough as some traces of the software still gets remained on the device known as System files. Even the system files related to the McAfee are commonly known as McAfee Antivirus File System Filter Driver. Thus, these system files consume the memory of the device for no use and simply becoming a reason for concern for McAfee users. So, to get rid of such McAfee Antivirus File System Filter Driver from the users’ device, McAfee has designed a special program.
Now, the question arises in the minds of McAfee users that ‘how to use this McAfee Clean up tool for removing the McAfee Antivirus File System Filter Driver’. Thus, the users have accessed the accurate place. This article consists of the method to download and use the McAfee MCPR.exe tool for removing the McAfee Antivirus File System Filter Driver from the device, easily. If the users are having any doubts regarding any of the steps detailed below then, they are recommended to visit the official website of McAfee i.e. www.mcafee.com/Activate.
Steps to Remove McAfee Antivirus File System Filter Driver:
Follow the detailed procedure given below to use McAfee clean up tool for removing the McAfee Antivirus File System Filter Driver from the device. The procedure is as follows:
- Launch the web browser on the device, followed by accessing the official website of McAfee i.e. McAfee.com/Activate.
- From the Home page of McAfee.com/Activate, go to the support section of the website.
- Here, search for “MCPR.exe” and then, tap the “Download” button displayed in front of the tool.
- Once the exe file of the MCPR tool gets successfully downloaded to the device, access the “Downloads” section of the web browser or to the place where the exe. file has been downloaded.
- Now, select the MCPR.exe file via right-click, followed by choosing the “Run as an Administrator” option from the menu displayed on the screen.
- Thus, the McAfee MCPR or clean up tool will start its cleaning process and wait until this application displays the message as shown below:
- This displayed message is a signal or an indication that McAfee Antivirus File System Filter Drivers have been removed from the users’ device.
- At last, restart or reboot the device, for freeing up the space consumed by these system files.
Thus, by following the aforementioned steps the users will be able to remove the McAfee Antivirus File System Filter Driver from their device using the McAfee Clean Up tool i.e. MCPR. It is suggested to McAfee users to visit the official McAfee website for getting a better solution removing the McAfee Antivirus File System Filter Drivers.
I hope, this article is quite fruitful for helping the users of McAfee in removing the McAfee Antivirus File System Filter Drivers as the procedure has been described in an elaborated manner. Thus, if the users are not able to remove the McAfee Antivirus File System Filter Drivers by following the steps mentioned in this article then, they may visit McAfee.com/Activate to get the better solution regarding this concern.