If you are using McAfee antivirus on your device and suddenly you see so many messages popping up on your screen, then it starts annoying you. These pop-ups become more of a headache than being useful. Sometimes, they remind us of something important but you like being reminded only once, not again and again. So, this guide will be helpful to you if you want to know how to block McAfee pop-ups.
How to stop McAfee pop-ups?
- First of all, you have to open McAfee SecurityCenter.
- After this, click on the “Home” button. You will find it under “Common Tasks”.
- From here, choose the “Configure” option. You may find it under SecurityCenter Information.
- Further, click on the “Advanced” option available under “Alerts”.
- Now, select “Informational Alerts”.
- Afterward, tap on “Do Not Show Informational Alerts”.
- Upon choosing this option, tap on the “OK” button to save the settings.
Why does McAfee keep popping up?
At times you will see a message saying “Your McAfee Subscription Has Expired”. This message could be either from legitimate sources or some time it can be deceptive as well. It means your McAfee activate subscription is not valid anymore and you need to validate it to continue protecting your system. The deceptive pop-ups may lead you to a suspicious link from where you can easily get in the hacker’s trap. On the other hand, if it is from legitimate sources, then you may easily disable it. Otherwise, it will keep popping up until you subscribe again.
How do I get rid of McAfee?
There could be times when the McAfee product deployed on your device becomes annoying or you are unable to update it to its latest version. In this situation, you can uninstall it and then reinstall it via McAfee.com/activate. To completely get rid of McAfee, you need to uninstall it from your device. You can right-click on its icon and simply hit the “uninstall” option followed by completing some on-screen prompts. You can also use the “Control Panel” for doing so. Here, click on the “Programs & Features” option and locate the entry of McAfee. When you find it, simply tap on it and hit the “Uninstall” button. Wait for a few minutes until the process completes and then reinstall the software again.
How to get rid of McAfee popup Windows 10?
If you own a Windows 10 device, then this section might help you in case you want to get rid of McAfee popup that keeps appearing on your screen.
- Begin by opening McAfee.
- After this, click on the “Navigation” link present in the right pane.
- From here, click on the “General Settings and Alerts” option. You will find this option present under “Settings”.
- Further, click on “Informational Alerts”.
- Now, you have to tap on the option saying “Protection Alerts”.
- Here, you can choose which messages you do not wish to pop up on your screen.
If you disable the pop-up alerts, then make sure you do the regular updates of McAfee manually. Also, ensure to reactivate your subscription once it expires. You can do this by navigating to McAfee.com/activate and following some easy steps because you should not leave your PC without any protection.
Reference: How can I stop McAfee popups?