Many users who wish to safeguard their devices prefer purchasing a McAfee subscription because they feel it is the best one for them. After purchasing the McAfee subscription, they suffer from the confusion on how to activate their subscription. Without activating the subscription, a user cannot start using his product. Therefore, in this document, you will find how to activate your subscription for the ultimate usage.
McAfee activate is an easy process if you do it because this is the only platform where one can redeem the retail card. Redeeming the retail card is the first step towards activating your subscription. After this, you can download and install your McAfee software. So, without any delay, let us learn the process to do so.
The process to redeem the retail card
- Open your web browser and visit mcafee.com/activate.
- Navigate to the top-right of the page and select your country as well as language.
- Now, enter the activation code given on the McAfee retail card.
- Further, enter your email address and click on ‘Submit’.
- Confirm the email address when prompted.
- If your email address is wrong, then tap ‘Edit’.
- Now, select ‘Verify’ and your subscription is activated.
- Follow the essential prompts and create a McAfee account.
- After this, you are ready to install the software.
Activate McAfee software that came pre-installed on your PC
You may follow the steps given below to activate the subscription for the McAfee software that came pre-installed on your PC. Before beginning the procedure, a user should note that he needs to use the current email address while registering himself with McAfee.
- Locate your McAfee software on the device and tap-open it.
- Now, click on the ‘Your Subscription’ option. You may find this in the ‘My Info’ tab.
- Further, click on the ‘Edit Profile’ option.
- Upon clicking on this option, you will be taken to the website of McAfee which could be www.mcafee.com/activate.
- After this, enter your email address in the given space and click ‘Next’.
- After creating your password, click ‘Next’ again.
- Once your McAfee account is created, your software is activated.
Verify your subscription:
Doing this will sync the McAfee software to your new account and how here’s how you can do this:
- First of all, locate the McAfee icon present in the tool tray available next to the clock.
- After this, right-click on it and then select ‘Verify Subscription’.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and then open the software.
- Further, tap on the ‘Your Subscription’ option.
- Now, you will see the expiry date which you need to review.
In case you encounter problems while following any of the steps given above, then you may try to repeat the procedure. Make sure you renew the subscription before its expiration date to continue enjoying safeguarding features on your device.